Monday, July 25, 2011

Speed Workout #2

It's been one week since my first attempt at running 400m sprints on a track.  I actually could tell a difference, or at least was more aware, of my speed and general running abilities during my Saturday workout at PCR.  I'm hitting the track again tonight.  Missy is in charge of timing/tracking my laps.  Plan is to add one more 400m sprint and to improve my time with each 400m. 

I signed up for the 8/13 sprint tri at PCR last night.  Focusing on my leg strength and diet at this time.  Did well with my diet today....one day at a time.  People think that just because I'm thin, I don't battle with poor eating habits, or can eat anything I want and still be thin.  The older I get, the less true these assumptions are.

A lot going on within my work life.  Workouts seem to help keep it all in perspective.  Thanks to all my friends and their support (Gary, Chris, and Tom specifically).  Definitely would not be where I am (mentally or physically) today without them.  Now....on to my workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment